Escape the Grid
Independence & self reliance
Castaway Cabin is about creating independence & self-reliance for people who live in remote places, often not serviced by conventional mains water, gas or electricity.
It’s a special version of the ErgoHome fitted with off-grid living features, customised to your specification it can include items such as:
- Large format solar photo voltaics
- Solar water heating
- Electricity storage through batteries, traditional leisure cell arrays or LiOn
- Grey Water treatment & storage
- Fossil fuel electricity generation
- Site mounted wind turbine masts* (dependent on location)
- Composting toilet solutions
- Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for space heating & cooking
- Direct Current (12VDC) domestic electricity circuits
* Our wind turbine partner is Skyrota Limited
If you are interested in a "Firefly" wind turbine then please complete our contact form detailing your KW generation ambitions and a site grid reference.
The Castaway cabin model is pre-engineered to your specification getting you reliably independent in the shortest possible time. These extra features do add considerably to the initial cost of an ErgoHome but can immediately start to save you utility bills and reduce the home's impact on the environment forever.